Introduction: VPNLand Inc. respects each individual’s right to personal privacy. We will collect and use information through our Web site and products only in the ways disclosed in this statement. This statement applies solely to information collected at VPNLand Inc.’s Web site, and through VPNLand Inc. merchant providers (Stripe and PayPal). Our postal address is: P.O. box 45005, 5845 Yonge St. Toronto, ON, M2M 4K3 We can be reached via e-email at [email protected] This is our binding agreement when you agree to these terms of service. Last update July 13, 2018
What information we collect
- Your name
- Your email address
- Payment method
- Your address, your phone number and encrypted value of a credit card number (credit card payments only).
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Fraud prevention
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- For credit card payments we use third party payment processors PayPal and Stripe respectively. We forward information submitted on our website to these providers via encrypted and secure channels for fast and accurate payment processing
- We also accept anonymous Bitcoin and Ethereum payments
What information we know and don’t know
- Our VPN servers periodically send diagnostics information for troubleshooting purposes
- We may see customers’ real IP addresses in these diagnostics logs, but we are not able to map these IPs to individual customers
- Our VPN servers do not keep logs.
- We don’t know what you do online
- We don’t know your DNS requests
VPNLand VPN Android and iOS applications
- Our VPN apps are developed to create a secured VPN tunnel from your mobile device to one of our VPN servers
- We do not collect and we don’t know any device related information (device model, your name or email address, your Apple ID or Google ID, your phone advertiser ID, your phone number and mobile operator)
- Our VPN apps do not collect your Internet browsing history, DNS requests and our apps do not spy on you
- Our VPN apps may periodically send crash reports to us. These crash reports include only diagnostic logs, no personally identifiable information is included in these logs
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following way:
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our Contact Us information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us this request using our information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.